NLE Profile: Will Morgan
National Leaders of Education (NLEs) are outstanding head teachers who, together with the staff in their schools (designated national support schools 'NSS'), use their skills and experience to support other schools. In addition to leading their own schools, NLEs work to increase the leadership capacity of other schools to help raise standards.
Will has a proven track record of success through establishing a culture of high expectation. He can communicate confidently and professionally with parents, governors, staff, students and media. He is an objective and fair leader who bases decisions on validated sources. BSc (Econ), NPQH, PGCE qualified.
· Appointed as Head Teacher at The Cotswold School in 2011 having previously been the school’s as Deputy Head/Head of Sixth Form
· The Cotswold School secured an ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted judgement in 2015 with all categories judged outstanding
· As a previous Head of Sixth Form (Ofsted 2006 and 2009) and Head of Business Education (Thematic Ofsted inspection 2008) Will Morgan received Outstanding inspection reports
· The Cotswold School became a Teaching School in 2016 and at the same time Will became a designated NLE
· Will has supported a number of schools and school leaders in the region and in South Wales
· Will is an Ofsted Inspector (South West Region) and is a Director of the Gloucestershire Association of Secondary Heads
· Among many major accolades, The Cotswold School was awarded the Sunday Times Comprehensive School of the Year for 2015/16, was in the top 25 Schools in the South West in 2016 for P8 (0.48) and recognition that the school is one of the top state funded schools in England for the percentage of pupils achieving ebacc